Terms and Conditions for Booking
Edwards Handyman & Maintenance Services is a recognised company by many standard platforms and approved by Google, Trust a Trader and Yelp, as well as many other trusted platforms.
1) Edwards Handyman & Maintenance Services are fully insured through Superscript.com
a) Our insurance covers residential, commercial, private landlord and estate / letting agencies.
b) We have a £1,000,000 insurance cover for public liability.
c) We have property protection insurance.
d) We have a £500,000 contracts works insurance.
e) We have a £5,000 personal accident insurance for our staff.
2) Whilst we will endeavour not to make any mistakes during our work, we of course only human and mistakes can / are likely to happen which are beyond our control. For any claims by customers, all incidents / issues must be raised with immediate effect and a thorough investigation must be allowed to be carried out by the Head Office at The EBT Group.
a)For an investigation to be effective, a member of the The EBT Group must be allowed access to review the mention issue.
b)To resolve the issue The EBT Group must be allowed time to carry out the investigations, complete any necessary paperwork and once the investigation is concluded, time to confer with the insurance company and make necessary arrangement's. This can take a minimum of 2 working weeks.
e) During the insurance procedure The EBT Group are not at liberty to settle with a cash / BACS or other settlement unless otherwise forced to by a court of law.
f) Customers are permitted to pursue a court of law if they so wish to but this is at their own expense and The EBT Group will not be liable should the courts find in favour of The EBT Group. Should this be the case then the matter is deemed settled and no further actions / law suits will continue.
3) All customers booked under the The EBT Group name will be covered by the for mentioned insurance, however from time to time we may use sub-contractors to complete various stages of a job.
a) The subcontractors will be reference checked, DBS checked and vetted before being allowed to do jobs on our behalf, other than those called upon at the last minute with agreement with / at the request of the customer.
b) Subcontractors will be self-insured and The EBT Group will take no responsibility should anything go wrong whilst the subcontractor is carrying out their job.
c) All staff under contract with The EBT Group will be vetted with out own 3.0 check:
c1) Social media check.
c2) Reference check (previous customer, long term friend, or other).
c3) Photo's or videos of previous work carried out (if applicable).
Fee's / Rates:
4) The rates / fee's set up by The EBT Group are deemed to be fair and proper in guidance with the Trading Standards advice and from research of other businesses with similar traits to The EBT Group. We deem our rates to be fair and negotiable but we are not obligated to offer any rates if we deem it unnecessary. (Click here to see our rates)
Bookings, Cancellations & Payments:
5) It is the customers responsibility to ensure they have read, and understood these terms and conditions that are available to them at any time, before agreeing to the booking. Whether that be for the free estimate, or the final booking stages.
a) Should a customer not read these terms & conditions and an issue arises as a result then The EBT Group will take no responsibilities for actions taken against them or actions that we take against the customer.
b) Prior to booking, both parties are responsible to ensure any and all questions from either party have been acknowledged understood and actioned upon. Failure to do so may result in legal action.
c) The EBT Group require a booking fee to secure the booking, and / or in the result of an unfair cancellation by the customer. The booking fee is 10% of any booking above £100. We understand that some booking are last minute, these therefore do not fall under the same requirement.
d) Sometimes it may deem necessary to cancel a booking from either party. The EBT Group Services understands that this is sometimes out of the hands of either party and therefore booking fee's may be returned to the customer, however, this does not apply should the cancellation be due to the customers own choice for whatever reason deemed unfair to Edwards Handyman & Maintenance Services.
e) Any and all cancellations by The EBT Group will be refunded, unless the reason is due to the fault of the customer, whether it be due to unfairness, rudeness or improper manor by the customer, including the customer not having the right materials for the job when agreed.
f) Once a booking is complete then customers must pay the final balance upon receiving their invoice within 24 hours (1 day), failure to do without otherwise agreed in advance may result in action taken against them, and if necessary through the court of law. Some provisions may be agreed in advance but The EBT Group are not obligated to accept. This includes payment plans.
Privacy, Cookies & GDPR Data Protection Compliance:
6) We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
7) When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
8) We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
a) To provide and operate the Services;
b) To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
c) To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
d) To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
e) To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
9) Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers
10) We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
11) If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or text 07850 143787 with your full name, email address and contact number so that these details can be erased from our database.
13) If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email@example.com or send us a text to: 07850 143787 or call 01293 922269
If you have been redirected here by our contact bookings form then by reading this, and signing below, you have acknowledged that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of your booking and that you wish to continue with the booking or request.